What Is the Lexus Warranty?
If you’re thinking about getting behind the wheel of a new Lexus vehicle, or your recent model year Lexus sedan or SUV is in need of service, you may be wondering: what is the Lexus Warranty? And how long is the Lexus Warranty? New Lexus vehicles are backed by a comprehensive warranty that offers many benefits, starting with the 48-month/50,000-mile Lexus Basic Warranty coverage. Learn more with Lexus of Pleasanton, below!
What Does the Lexus Warranty Cover?
Your new Lexus coupe, sedan, performance car, or crossover/SUV is backed by generous Lexus manufacturer warranty coverage, providing peace of mind on Fremont drives.
- Basic Warranty – 48 months/50,000 miles
- The basic warranty takes care of repairs and adjustments needed to correct defects in materials or craftsmanship of any part supplied by Lexus (subject to exceptions).
- Powertrain Warranty – 72 months/70,000 miles
- The powertrain warranty covers any repairs that are necessary to fix defects in the materials or craftsmanship of components like the engine system, transmission and transaxle, and the front- or rear-wheel drive system.
- Hybrid Warranty – 8 years/100,000 miles – 10 years/150,000 miles for 2020 and newer models
- Drivers of Lexus Hybrid vehicles will enjoy this warranty that covers the Hybrid Battery Control Module, the Hybrid Control Module, and the Inverter with Converter.
- Corrosion Perforation Warranty – 72 months, regardless of mileage
- Covers the repair or replacement of any original body panel that develops perforation from corrosion (rust through), subject to exceptions.
- Parts Warranty – 12 months, regardless of mileage
- Genuine Lexus parts are covered for 12 months from the date the part was installed, or for the remainder of the new vehicle warranty (whichever provides the Dublin driver with greater coverage).
- Covers any repair or replacement that becomes necessary as a result of a defect in the serviced part (subject to exceptions).
- Note: batteries are not covered under the Parts Warranty.
- Complimentary Maintenance – At 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles
- After purchasing your new Lexus vehicle, the first and second scheduled maintenance visits are covered.
- Lexus Roadside Assistance – 48 months, regardless of mileage
- For even greater peace of mind on Livermore roads, Roadside Assistance coverage is available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance is available with the Lexus Enform Safety Connect feature. It is complimentary for vehicles equipped with Lexus Safety Connect for 10 years on 2019 Lexus models and newer.
Additional Coverage for Your Lexus
In addition to the comprehensive coverage outlined above, Danville drivers can opt into additional coverage for their Lexus. Check out your purchase options, below.
- Genuine Lexus Accessories Limited Warranty
- This warranty covers any accessories purchased at the time of your new vehicle purchase: 48 months/50,000 miles.
- Accessories purchased after the new vehicle purchase and installed by an authorized Lexus service center can be covered for 12 months from the date of installation, or for the remainder of the new vehicle warranty (whichever option brings greater coverage).
- GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) Insurance can help to cover the balance of your loan after depreciation, in the unfortunate event of a total loss on your new Lexus (fire, major accident, theft).
- Lexus Extended Warranty Vehicle Service Agreements are available to Pleasanton drivers, covering most components of your vehicle after the Lexus manufacturer warranty expires.
- L/Certified Warranty – Up to 6 years/unlimited miles for certified pre-owned Lexus models
- Covers the repair or replacement of components that fail under normal use as a result of a defect in materials or craftsmanship, such as: transmission, engine, fuel system, steering, cooling, A/C and heating systems, brakes (excluding rotors and pads), restraint systems, and electrical.
- Features other service benefits, like roadside assistance, trip interruption coverage, and more.
Learn More About Lexus Warranty Coverage at Lexus of Pleasanton
Contact the team at Lexus of Pleasanton today with any lingering questions about the Lexus manufacturer warranty or any of the Lexus warranty coverage options we discussed here today. If your Lexus is in need of repairs, you can schedule an appointment at our Pleasanton service center. Our factory-trained technicians will care for your Lexus in a timely manner.